Community Counseling Resources

It's tough to be a Teenager sometimes!

I know as adults we sometimes say "What I wouldn't give to be a kid again!" The truth of the matter is that, as adults, we have lived through heartbreaks/divorces, death of friends and loved ones, losses of jobs, failure at school or work, debt management, coping with feelings of sadness, etc. Sometimes these trials and tribulations can really have a lasting emotional effect on our teenagers.

Over the years, we learn "coping skills" to help us manage the barrage of feelings that come along with the highs and lows of life. For some, these skills develop on their own, for others of us, we need help in developing these skills, so that we can have a happy and fulfilling life.

Should you or your student need help developing coping skills or need to talk to someone about how to process different events in life, PLEASE do not be afraid to reach out for help. The list of Community Resources below will provide you with names, addresses, and phone number for a variety of Clinical Counselors in the local area.



24 Hour Crisis Hotline for Wayne County (330) 264-9029 or 1-877-264-9029

National Alliance on Mental Illness  - Great Resource to learn about mental health concerns
                Family Guide to Adolescent Depression

HelpGuide – Helps you help yourself to better mental and emotional health – variety of topics addressed

Self-Harm Help Guide

Getting the Most out of Therapy and Counseling  -May give you some ideas how to start a conversation with your child/friend/parent about why you think therapy might be helpful

Network of Care for Behavioral Health in Wayne/Holmes County


Another great resource is United Way’s InfoLink. You can dial 2-1-1, 24 hours a day, everyday to get connected with information and referrals to health and human services agencies in the Wayne/Holmes area. 2-1-1 is free and confidential and can be called from your cell or your home. You will be directed to the most appropriate local programs that help with:

  • Food, clothing, housing and utility assistance
  • Services for older adults and people with disabilities
  • Family support, children and your services and parenting
  • Crisis Intervention
  • Substance Abuse and Mental Health Resources

… and much, much more!
Call 2-1-1 or visit today! :-)


Wayne County Children Services Board - If you suspect a child is being abused, please call Wayne County CSB. It is their job to investigate reports and determine if the child needs help. Help them to do their job by reporting. A child thanks you!