College Credit Plus replaces the Post Secondary Enrollment Option (PSEO). Qualified students in grades 7-12 are eligible to take college classes. Students are limited to 30 college credit hours per year, up to 120 hours. All students interested in the program are required to attend the mandatory meeting in October with at least one parent. If you missed the meeting, you will need to contact the guidance office to schedule an appointment to reivew the program and qualifications. For more information, please view the following presentation and letter from the Ohio Board of Regents/Ohio Department of Education.
Please note that students must take the ACT by February and meet the following college requirements to be eligible to participate:
- University of Akron - Wayne College: 3.0 GPA, 21 ACT composite score and/or 18 ACT English score or 22 Reading score or 22 Math score
- University of Findlay: 2.5 GPA and 20 ACT composite score
- Stark State: ACT 18 in Reading and 18 in English or take the Next-Gen ACCUPLACER for placement
Students have until April 1 to submit a completed Letter of Intent.
- College Academy Permission Slip
- College Academy Expectations
- College Academy Brochure
- College Courses Offered
Student's also need to apply to each college for which they plan on obtaining college credit. You can select the link to apply to the college:
|University of Akron||Deadline: April 1|
|University of Findlay||Deadline: April 1|
|Stark State||Deadline: April 1|
Need help with college classes? Contact Smucker Learning Center. Students can schedule an appointment to get help. You will need your UAnet ID.